Saturday, December 4, 2010

And the countdown is on...

It's December... already! I have no idea where the time went, but I'm leaving Norway at the end of this month. It's a surreal feeling. Home is within sight now.
I had to move out of my apartment this week. That meant packing. To my surprise all of my things fit in the 2 bags I brought them over in! Yeah! Now I'm staying on the couch in the living room. Super snazy. There is absolutley no sound barrier between the room and the kitchen. So when somones cooking at 3 in the morning (?) I can hear it!
This week I also spent revisiting some of the tourist sights in Oslo.
Frank and I went to Vigeland Park:



I also did some Christmas shopping for all my lovies at home. I hope you like chocolate.

While walking around down town I spotted this beautiful sight. That is the opera house and the Oslo Fjord. Took my breath away.



Friday, Magda, Jamie and I made cookies ALL day. We listened to Christmas music and made sugar cookies, raspberry thumbprints, peppermint bark, and peanut butter chocolate cookies. It took us all day! We also watched "Elf" that evening. Magda had never seen it. She thought it was hillarious.



Saturday Magda and I went to the Christmas market at the folk museum. It was one of my favorite experiences here in Norway other than the fact it was freezing cold out!
There were stands selling everything from hand knit mittens to candied apples.






After the christmas market I came back and did some studying for my last final, Norwegian Life and Society.
The final was on Wednesday. I think I did really well. The only thing I had trouble with was naming the top 3 political parties in Norway. Labor, Conservative... no clue.
Jamie on exam day:


After the exam a couple of us took the new T-Bane up to Holmenkollen. It was freezing, but so beautiful. We even spotted some Norwegian's in their natural habitat! The woods. There is an amzing sledding hill here in Oslo. You can slide for about 10 minutes! Afterwards you just hop on the T-Bane and ride to the top again. It's amazing! You have to pay to rent one of their sleds though.




After wards we rode to the city center and went to another Christmas market. The lights were really beautiful.
Here are some photos:






Tuesday Cecil came over and we made a wonderful lunch. Basically we threw every vegetable and leftover into a wok and stirred it into a lovely sauce for some rice. Even if the vegetables we're going a bit bad, we just shaved that part off and threw them in any ways. Coming down to the last couple days in Oslo is tough food wise. I'm sick of Ramen noodles and I only have 8 packs left to eat!
Afterwards we went out to Sognsvann and walked around on the ice and out to a small island.




The frosted over trees are absolutly breath taking.

And now it is Wednesday, December 8th. The day I have to say goodbye to everyone I know here as I am leaving for Rome and Paris int he morning. I have this panicked feeling. This is the end of the most amazing journey in my life. I DONT want it to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment