Wednesday, July 21, 2010










Monday:
Today we went downtown Kristiansand. It was raining/misting and chilly. We walked around the shops. I successfully found a converter for my computer and I bought a Norwegian dictionary. The shops here are soooo cute. I would just love to decorate a house here. In many store you can buy fabric to match the accessories for a room. All of the prints are so bold and trendy. I love it! I also bought my first Norwegian long wiener. Not as good as I was hoping it would be. The bun was a tortilla like piece of lefsa and it sure was long. Unfortunatley, trying to adjust my umbrella I dropped it on the ground :( Later we also got some ice cream at a local shop. The evening was pretty low keyed. Magnus came over and we watched Planet Earth. For dinner we had meatballs and potatoes with red currents. Very good. There was also homemade ice cream for dinner.

Tuesday:
A hiking we go! We climbed to a lovely view of Kristiansand today. It took maybe an hour. The hike reminded me very much of Hartley Field. At the top we had some cookies and tea. On the way down Jill took a spill. Luckily, there isn't even a bruise. After a dinner of fishballs (interesting...) and a delicious jam like desert we headed out on the ocean on Malin's boat. AMAZING! Her dad gave us an annotated tour. Very informative :) When we got home Eirick treated us to his version of mac and cheese. The best I've had yet!

Wednesday:
DYREPARKEN! The largest zoo / amusement park ever! We spent the entire day here. The weather gave us a break and rose to be in the mid 70's. At the park there was every animal imaginable. My personal favorite were the Lemurs. You could walk right into their enclose and they would just scitter across your path! There was also an alpine slide, a haunted house, log flume, and spinny- axe type ride. I also enjoyed jungleland, which was an obstacle course type thing that took about 30 minutes to complete. Not so fun in a dress and flip flops though. After returning to the house we had a dinner of rice poridge and soon after Jill fell asleep. Valerie, Malin and I met some of her friends at a lake to go for an evening dip. The most breathtaking experience thus far, not because the water was cold, but because it just seemed to be one of those moments you never want to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment