Thursday, September 30, 2010

Living like a Norwegian

An any given day when I walk over to the near by lake there are hoards of people. Groups of kids playing games, families walking, moms pushing strollers, and sports groups jogging. It seems that all of Norway is at the lake all the time. Norwegians really value fresh air and the out doors. In the U.S. I have never seen as many people as I've seen near Sognsvann in Hartley field. Here, being outside, is just a way of life. I read that it's actually mandatory for schools to spend one day a week outside participating in "practical" learning. No wonder there were so many school aged kids out building bon-fires and hiking Tuesday. I've taken up a bit of this way myself. I've started walking every evening after dinner. It gives me a little break from my studies and freshens my mind especially now in the crisp autumn air. The leaves haven't started changing yet. I can not wait until they do!

No comments:

Post a Comment