Sunday, October 3, 2010

Things are slowing down again here. Well, actually I can't say that. I wake up and before I know it, it's dark... It's Wednesday and before I know it, it's Sunday! Nothing too exciting is happening here is Oslo though. I was hoping to make it down to Spain this month, but it seems that every ones schedules are a little over booked now that school is in full swing. I have 2 papers and a presentation to do in the next 2 weeks. Should be FUN!
The weather has cooled down a lot. I may need to break out my winter jacket already, and it's only October! The sun has also decided to stop shining. We've had too many grey days here in Oslo.
As for what I've done in the last week...

When I do laundry... this is what I look like :

I have wool socks, flip flops, a sundress, a winter coat, a scarf, and beneath it all my swim suit on. Haha. Yea I've got a couple laughs that day. That's what happens when you only wash once every 3 weeks and you want EVERYTHING you actually wear clean because it's your only chance.


Jamie and I have started a really bad habit of baking sweets way too often. THis week we made a chocolate cake.


Friday afternoon we decided to go for a short hike near the ski jump. I went with Jamie, a Singaporian named Frank, and a French girl named Ceci. The weather was a bit drizzly and our shoes were covered in mud... and we ended up hiking on a ski hill( notice the chair lift), but we had a good time. A majority of the time I ended up talking with Frank (...) but on the bright side I learned a lot about Singapore... and how wealthy he is... ugh. Even if he has a fleet of yachts and his own share in an oil company, I still don't like him like that!




Later this week there was a food festival going on near the harbor. I went with Jamie, Dawid (POland) and John (Germany). We taste tested way too much fish! And again... they had whale.


Jamie and I indulged in another batch of Lefse:

You could buy shark at the fish market!

There were tanks where you could learn about the different types of fish, if you speak Norwegian of course:
There was FREE samples of a lot of different Norwegian foods:


As we were leaving John and Dawid came up with the brilliant idea of stealing a larger than life milk carton from the TINE milk stand:
There goes John with the top...

Them with their prize :


When we got back Jamie and I went for a walk around the lake and then stopped at the grocery store to get some milk and Risen Grot. For some reason it took over an hour for it to thicken on the stove. My hand was sore from stirring when we were done but it was totally worth it!



Later we popped popcorn on the stove (Turned out great!) and watched Elf. We always talk about Christmas when we're a little bit homesick. Too bad neither of us will actually be home for Christmas :(

No comments:

Post a Comment