Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Hei Hei everyone. The last couple days have been really horrible. Nothing has been going the way I'd like it too. Finally today I was able to get my computer up and running again after 3 days without it. My card was also frozen. That was super fun. I also burnt a hole in one of my favorite shirts trying to iron it in a very unconventional and embarressing way. Don't ask. Now it's somewhere in the 'rubbish' as my room mate calls it. On top of all of that it has been raining like crazy and COLD! It's difficult cooking in a very small kitchen with 11 people who splatter spaghetti sauce all over the place, fill the sink with dishes, and then leave it like that for a couple days. Today I broke down and just cleaned the mess up myself. On the bright side.. I was able to register for classes. I only have class Mondays and Thursdays! Monday from 9:15 til 4:00
and
Thursday from 10:15 til 12:00
Amazing!!1
Classes start this coming Monday and then end in the first week of December.
Now we're able to plan trips!
Jamie, the other American, and I are planning a trip to Bergen, Norway the first weekend in September. We are hoping to do a hiking trip Madame Nisswandt recommended and a short kayak trip through the fjords. We'll being staying with Will Dack in his apartment there.

Yesterday we had an official welcome ceremony from the University. The entire student body was present at a local park. The entire speech was in Norwegian. All of the international students were completely zoned out.

We also had a buddy group meeting where we toured around for a bit with other students. Interestingly there were 4 people from Minnesota in my group...

No comments:

Post a Comment