Wednesday, August 4, 2010

After Skyping my family and Ben into the wee hours of the morning I woke up a little groggy, but the sun was shinning. Today was going to be a good day. Things are finally starting to look better. I'm not as scared anymore. If anything I'm most worried about the expense of being in Norway. The prices here are outrageous!
I finally met some people yesterday. I am so happy to be with people again, and people I like. There are 2 girls and 2 guys from Singapore living in my suite with me now. It's odd because when I walk around with them people assume that I am their tour guide or something. They will always approach me in Norwegian. It's also a great time learning about more than one culture along the way. Now when something is purchased it's converted into both USD and pounds. I went to Ikea with them and then we walked around for a bit downtown.




This morning we all went downtown Oslo again to run some errands. We waited in line for 4 hours at the police station to have our visas approved! We also looked at phone plans. That means I need a phone... the cheapest I can get over here runs about $50. Tomorrow I think I might go into the international district and look for some sketchy ones that would be a little bit cheaper, but probably stolen. We went to Subway for lunch. Kind of ridiculous, but cheap. Tonight I am exhausted from walking around all day. My suite mates are all leaving for Greece and Rome tomorrow. I wish I could go with. The cheapest ticket I could find was $250. Ugh... I guess I'll just sit around for awhile longer. They're planning a trip to Oktoberfest in a month though. I am definitely joining that one!
Even though it's only 8:30 I think I'm heading to bed. I wish I could talk to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment