Thursday, August 12, 2010

The last 24 hours have probably been the most exciting since we ran from Stockholm. I booked a ticket to Munich for Oktoberfest with a girl I met maybe a half hour before we paid for the tickets. We paid $30 round trip! How amazing is that? You can't even get to Minneapolis and back for that price.
Anyways... Today I went to the Norsk Folkumuseum. I spent practically all day there. My favorite exhibits were:
Norwegian Folk Dress: The traditional wedding outfits were so beautiful. I'm almost tempted to wear one myself.

The above is a traditional wedding outfit for a certain part of Norway

Sami Culture: The Sami are people that live in the very north of Finland, Norway and Sweden. I found it very interesting that they seem to be almost rejected from the rest of Norwegian society. I'm not sure if that's because they want to preserve their culture or because modern society rejects them. Never the less, I found this exhibit quite interesting.


the Gol Stave Church




Here are some other photos:



No comments:

Post a Comment