Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Strength in numbers

After Valerie and Jill left things are different. My confidence is gone. After they got on the plane I cried. I've never been so scared. I feel completely alone here. That night I stayed in a hostel. I had a bed in an 8 bed room. There were other people that were staying there too, a girl from Russia, an Italian couple, and a guy from Brazil. I chatted with them for a while and then fell asleep. Surprisingly it was the best sleep I've had since we left Kristiansand. I was really glad that I hadn't decided just to sleep in the train station. The hostel really wasn't that bad. Unfortunately, I wasn't in the mood to meet new people that night.
In the morning I got up and got my things that I had stored in a luggage locker at the train station. From there I boarded a train and went North to Kringjsa student village. I waited in line for 2 hours to get my keys. 2 hours of being hungry, smelly, and tired. On my way to my room I met a man named Walter from Cameroon. He was kind enough to help me carry my luggage, on his head, to the 4th floor. The room was disgusting! There was no plumbing and it smelled so bad I had to plug my nose. Unhappy at this point I marched back to the reception office and they gave me a new room. Much better. The room is smaller than my room at home and will be shared with another person. We have a bookshelf, desk, and 2 small drawers. There is no closet. The kitchen and the bathroom are in the hall. It's not bad, but extremely creepy with no one else in the entire building. I turned on all the lights and it's gunna stay that way. After getting settled I headed to the grocery store and got some hot dogs, bread, and spaghetti.

The Kitchen:




The Bathroom:


The Bedroom:



Later I caught a free shuttle to IKEA from downtown Oslo. I got 3 pots, a fry pan, a cup, a plate, a bowl, silver ware, cooking utensils, a pillow, and tupperware for $50. Unfortunately, when I returned here I realized 1/2 of it was missing... Great! So another trip there is in the making. My first night here was fine after getting on the Internet. I needed so badly to talk to someone. I started crying because I couldn't figure out how to get the Internet, eventually I ran to the store and they figured it out for me.
This morning I woke up feeling that I was in my own bed. Nope. Trying to conserve food I waited until late to make pancakes with jam. Now what to do for the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment